A few months ago, my boyfriend decided he was going to look for a house to buy. I believe I’m a supportive person, so I was okay with this, thinking it would be something he would spend a lot of time on and that it was unrealistic for him to find a house he liked enough to consider buying for a long time. With so many houses currently on the market, it made sense. At the time, we were in a lease with our apartment until February, which I felt was a safe distance away for him to be looking into a house to purchase. Then, one day in July he tells me he’s found a couple of houses he wants us to go look at. Okay, good start. So, we look at them and I sort of take a “ho-hum” attitude to it. Not really that interested, mostly because it was too early to be interested. When asked for my opinion, I give a vague one. “It’s fine.” “It’s nice.” “I don’t know if I like this.” So, he decides he wants to make an offer on one of the houses we looked at (I sort of showed some emotion while viewing it, so he must have thought I liked it), it’s still the middle of July.
I wasn’t too worried at this stage because I noticed that August 2nd’s retrograde Mercury was about to happen, so I thought maybe it would slow him down or prompt him to change his mind, and I even warned him about it suggesting that it would be better to wait until it had passed before he started seriously pursuing this. Buying houses takes a lot of paperwork, and if there’s one thing Mercury knows how to mess up it’s a chain of paperwork. Unfortunately those warnings fell on deaf ears and he went ahead with the escrow and the offer and all of that mess. We had agreed with the sellers to close by August 31st, and we were working towards this goal. I was more concerned about getting out of our apartment on time without having to owe another month’s rent or pro-rated rent or any of that mess. I’m buying a house! I don’t need anymore random money drainers. That’s what the houses is for!
It’s mid-August now, and we’re sort of just sitting on our hands. We talk to the realtor and she tells us “The sellers are shuffling their feet, for some reason they’re just being slow with getting things done, I’m concerned we won’t close on time”. Yes, great, *ding* horary time.
After hearing the realtor’s doubts, I too started to develop some of my own and I needed a horary to help me strategize what we were going to have to do. I took the moment the thought of using it as a horary came into my head and the chart that resulted is below.
The first thing I noticed about this chart was Saturn in the Seventh house. That is the house of the sellers, and Saturn is in it. Hello obstacles and delays. The next thing to notice is the almost immediate opposition between the Moon and Saturn occurring across the First/Seventh houses. I expected quick news about something coming up with the sellers that was going to delay the closing process. On the bright side, the First house lord and the Fourth house lord were in mutual reception, so there was no doubt that we would end up getting the house. The angles are all in Cardinal signs, which I took to suggest that the process would move forward in a timely manner. Also, the Moon’s last aspect before she leaves Aries is a Trine to Venus, which I also took to be beneficial. Based on all of this, I predicted that we would close on the 30th or the 31st which would meet our previously agreed upon closing date.
About on the 20th we were told that the sellers were still dragging their feet about the repairs they agreed they would do. We ended up having to send the repair list from the inspector to the seller three times in three different ways, for reasons I’m not completely sure of. They said they would fix a leaky pipe and the water valve, but not a rotting baseboard on the side of the roof because those repairs were already costing more than what they said they would pay for repairs. Honestly, I think they grossly exaggerated the prices for those fixes, but whatever. They finished the repairs on the 29th. Also, we would end up repairing that leaky pipe ourselves after we moved in (Mercury Rx). The outcome of this situation was that we did close around 10:00am on the 31st. Right on time, with some obstacles and some apparent resistance from the sellers